Kinewell Lake is a former gravel pit alongside the river Nene in Northamptonshire. It is the largest pocket park in the county and is owned by the village, managed by Kinewell Lake Trust. The area is a designated SSSI and SPA and is of international importance for the breeding feeding and migration of rare European birds.
- There is small car park and a beautiful 1.5 mile path taking you around the perimeter of the lake.
- Dogs must be kept on leads during the breeding season June – August to protect the rare birds on the site.
- Fishing permits are available, please contact Gary Tomlin on 07383 183929
- The non-resident spaces are full for next season (20 members) & there is another 15 names on the waiting list. Updated 27.02.2020
- Further details about Kinewell can be seen on the NCC web site
Contact details for Kinewell trust firstname.lastname@example.org
Join The Green Gym - come and help maintain our beautiful lake, meet local residents and stretch those muscles, join in with one of the Kinewell Lake work parties.
Work Party Dates:
Meet in the main car park at 9.15am